• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Humpback Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

I'm surprised this isn't already on here but Birdguides is reporting a Humpback Whale 2km off Hemsby at 08:45. I believe it was seen in the area yesterday.

Hi Steve, it's been around for a couple of days at least, possibly same individual returning for its 3rd year and likely to be around for a couple of weeks. Was intending to go tomorrow but this weekend's poor weather put me off though obviously this morning it was still seen despite the gales.

We were thinking about going for this as well although the poor forecast made us think perhaps leave it to next weekend. However, the wind is due to drop overnight - a bit anyway.

Are you still thinking of going tomorrow guys?

We're going to give it a go tomorrow AM, starting at Winterton. Flasks of coffee in the kit I think. Hope to see a bit more than the odd 'blow' that we saw a couple of years ago, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Rob , Steve Howell and I are going to give it a go am tomorrow too. Leaving home at 8am, we should be there, at Winterton, by 08.45am- fingers crossed ... :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back