• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

April 2005 theme challenge – 'Feeder Antics' (1 Viewer)

Might be an idea to leave the discussion this point here, the thread after all is about this months photo theme challenge 'Feeder Antics' not the rights and wrongs of using feeders.

Perhaps a new thread started elsewhere in the forums on this subject would more appropriate.

IanF said:
Might be an idea to leave the discussion this point here, the thread after all is about this months photo theme challenge 'Feeder Antics' not the rights and wrongs of using feeders.

Perhaps a new thread started elsewhere in the forums on this subject would more appropriate.

Hear, hear, IanF, well said! That's why you are a "Super Moderator". Thanks for all the work you do for our enjoyment of this website.

Marysan

IanF said:
Yes, I know. Some people haven't read the rules correctly - a feeder must be visible, not just a bird seen feeding.

Photos are left in place until the closing date and then those that don't qualify are weeded out and moed to thier appropriate forums. This will happen after 21st April, unless I am contacted by the entrant before this time.
Am I one of those?
I positioned a few bits of wood & built a makeshift "feeder", put a banana & boiled rice on them to attract the birds & did this for over a month - got over 100 birds (I think) at one time once - does this consitute a feeder even though it wasn't "factory" made or with glue & nails?

After all some of the monthly subjects may not be as easy for some people to get as others, but remember this is a World wide site and the Mods try their best to fit in all the categories which should fit in with the majority of the people.

Looking through the entries I see that we have entires from Europe, Americas (North & South), Asia and yes Australia!

No one is forced to enter any of the competitions after all the majority of them are just "for fun" with no prize.

Last edited:
The entries for this month can be found in the Gallery in the Monthly photo competitions forum.

A voting booth will be compiled this evening and remain open for seven days.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back