• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3-D and flat viewing (1 Viewer)

I had never heard of MOLCET until a few weeks ago when reading binocular reviews on Amazon. And some really pissed off guy said something to the effect that there was no way he'd be forced to keep a binocular where he had to use MOLCET tech to use the dang thing. I think then I googled it or something but somewhere I found an explanation for the technique. It's funny how things from this site get around. When I came here I didn't know what an institution this place was. It's (birdforum) mentioned in a book I'm currently reading also.

The MOLCET thing has made both Bob and Steve famous and they did not
even know it. ;)

This abbreviated technique was originally penned by Brocknroller, who
has not posted for a long time on here, but has left many wits of wisdom.

Who can tell us what MOLCET stands for ?

Jerry

Mooreorless Ceasars Eyebrow Technique

Someone above mentioned it.

I mentioned it in Post #15 above and gave credit for it to Brock. Steve confirmed that the method of avoiding "kidney beaning" while using MOLCET works in Post #19 above.

It comes up every now and then when there is a discussion about the Nikon 8x32 SE.

"Elkcub" (Ed) confirmed that the optical definition for "kidney beaning" is "spherical aberration of the exit pupil" in Post #17 above.

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back