• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Action 7x35 EX Extreme All-Terrain Binocular (1 Viewer)

I just bought the Aculon based on some high praise. I had a Amazon gift card rebate and after that discount they cost me $38. They better be worth all that dough.

Last edited:
Aculons

Doug, BC left the forum to take a break from it. But he did tell me he received the Aculons, and he likes them, only they aren't as sharp as his EII (assuming he means the 8x30) to his eyes.

I have a pair of Nikon Aculon 10x42's, and they're every bit as sharp as my Nikon EII 10x35's. The sweet spot might be a little less, and they seem a little darker (though not by much), and even perform above my EII in some circumstances (better depth of field-in a given area for one). More on that later. I have been recommending the 10x42 Aculons for a while now-only judging by my pair-haven't looked through another 10x42 Aculon recently, and I've had mine for a while now. So my take is just based on 1 binocular, not any others. Of course, I have other good 10x's to compare as well, which are roofs, and not just bargain priced bins.

All I can say is, two other people I know of on the forum have bought the 7x35, and 8x42 Aculons based on my recommendation of the 10x42, and neither were overwhelmed by their performance, other than the price they paid. I have a very different opinion of my 10x42's. I think they are excellent, and a bargain at that!

Maybe I just got a very good sample, I don't know. I haven't heard of others here that know or share my opinion of the 10x42's. I wouldn't sell mine though, if that tells you anything! Granted the eye relief is not for people who wear glasses, so that makes a big difference to some users. They are a bit bulky and not waterproof either, so that is a consideration to many who use them in inclement weather. Other than those cons, I find a big plus for my use in the Aculons.

Last edited:
Hi Barry,

Thank you for your comments. I ordered a pair of the Aculon 7x35's to add to my collection before I left for a trip and they should be waiting for me when I return next weekend. I am now encouraged by your comments and look forward to using and comparing them to my past experiences.

Doug.......

Well Doug, I hope they are great. I have a pair too, just haven't used them in a long time, and never did much, since 10x is about right for my back view. Though, I did keep them, when it would have been an easy return when I first got them. But now I would like to try them and see how they compare. Where oh where is that box o' binoculars?! I'll find it soon, I'm doing a large Spring cleaning, and then I can see too what I think of them now that I have other 7x's.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back