• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ring ouzels @ Aston rowant (1 Viewer)

Hi Gareth,

The Ouzels are in Linkey Down on the southern side if the reserve, south of the M40. Park in th Cowleaze wood car park at the northern end and cross the road to the NNR. Head north for a few hundred yards and then go through the gate and follow the footpath along the top edge of Linkey Down. Go through another metal gate by a small spinney and turn immediatyely left. You will see a stile and be at about SU726964. Look from here down into the bottom of the valley. The Ouzels are usually in the bottom of the valley in near the fence to the 'improved' grassland (being unimproved again :) ). They are usually shy and will disappear if you go into the valley.

ATB

Robin

Thanks, that helps a lot.
I still havn't been to see them yet so i hope i havn't missed them all together. Glad you have posted as i would have probably only looked on the site north of the m40.

Cheers
Gareth

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back