• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dead Birds ID (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

I have managed to get hold of a photograph which shows many dead (hunted) birds which may all be Houbara's.

I wanted some one with better identification skills than I to give their opinion. It is not a nice photo to look at. Am I allowed to upload it?

Another thing, if the photo is not yours, you need to get the permission of whose ever photo it belongs to.

I just wanted to get an idea of if the birds are Houbara Bustards. In that country it is illegal for a local to hunt a Houbara. The ownership of the photo is ambigious.

We might have a problem then. You can certainly apply a link to the photo if the photo is already on the web but you cannot post the photo.

There are no links. I have cropped the photo so the people cannot be identified. Can it be deleted once the birds are id'd?

You could send it to someone privately, perhaps even an organisation like Birdlife International who may then forward it to the relevant local authority once the ID of the birds have been confirmed

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back