• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finding Beauty in The Mundane (1 Viewer)

taxonomy.

A lot of the time, I find that my most enjoyable birding days come from watching common birds and their behaviors that we often overlook. A walk along the coast and seaside town yesterdsy proved excellent to this.
After walking for 5 minutes I came acrosd a Crow who was swooping up and then dropping a mollus shell it had found, and after 4 attempts it cracked open and it very much enjoyed the contents. Crows are very intelligent birds, and this one was also very friendly and not scared by my presence.
Later, in the town, a very friendly male Pied Wagtail visited me (sadly I had no food to offer him) and he got so closed to me that I could see he had no foot on one leg, only a stump. But he seemed to be doing fine and looked otherwise healthy, a little bird with a lot of perserverance!
On my way back, I listened to the calls on the gathering Starlings - I'm pretty terrible at bird calls, but I could pick out some of the birds they were mimicking - Hoise Sparrow, Redd Warbler and possibly Golden Oriole?

So no particularly 'remarkable' birds in the sense of raroty, but certainly a remarkable day in terms of seeing nature's igenious ways.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back