• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warwickshire Reserve in a flutter over owls....... (1 Viewer)

El Annie

Phew..............
In conserv@tion today - http://www.habitat.org.uk/news1.htm

Two long eared owls have stopped off at a nature reserve near Coventry on their way to warmer climes. Bird watchers are excited about the appearance of the two owls at Warwickshire Wildlife Trust's Brandon Marsh Nature Centre in Brandon Lane. There are just 5,000 breeding pairs of the birds in Britain and Ireland and the last time any were seen at Brandon Marsh was five years ago. It's not know how long they will stay, but their visit is probably a break in their journey from northern Europe to the warmer countries of southern Europe, where they spend the winter.
More information - icCoventry

ElAnnie

I have just posted a report regarding these Owls in the Midland/Warwickshire section of recommended birding sites. I went after them today but could only find one of them I actually saw five of them the last time they called into Brandon Marsh five years ago. Then they had arrived in the February as it was Feb 8th when I saw them.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back