• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My local patch , Liden Lagoon. (1 Viewer)

moose1991

Alces alces
Just thought I'd add some pics of where I spent most of my birding time.
I'm lucky to have a small lake near where I live.
Never seen anything too unusual there but it's nice to go there to relax and enjoy what is there.
I kept notes of what I saw from 1997 until 2006 when I had a break from birding but I've just been down there again this morning with my bins.
There's a path all the way around, the main drawback is the noise from the A419 right by the eastern edge.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Few more pics

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 113
  • td.jpg
    td.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 114
  • goosander.jpg
    goosander.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Moose,

This used to be my local patch when I lived in Ridge Nether Moor twenty years ago, along with Coate Water. Great little spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back