• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta bayonet (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone.

I envisage the purchase of a Meopta S2 82mm.
The available eyepieces are both zooms 30x60 and 20x70.
Perhaps one day I would want to use a fixed eyepiece...
Does anybody know if the Meopta bayonet is compatible with another brand ?

Thanks for your advices !

Hello! No the bayonet is not compatible with another brand than the s2 Scope from meopta, cabelas and nightforce (same Scope made by meopta). I have own a meopta s2 since three years and i have the 30-60 zoom. The zoom is so Wide on 30x so i dont think you would need any fixed eyepiece.

Best regards

Very satisfied. Tried it against swarovski ats 80 HD, kowa 773, Zeiss diascope 85. A step in front of all of them. The only spottingscopes beating it would be the kowa 88 and swaro atx 95 because of the greater objective, but not by much. In the 80-85 mm range meopta deffineately is on top.

Last edited:
I agree with everything Racuuna says. I've had Swaro ATS80HD, Zeiss Victory Diascope, Nikon Fieldscope 82 ED, and now Meopta S2HD82. The Meopta equals or surpasses all in terms of optics and handling, and zoom reach/quality. I've compared it to a friend's Swaro 85ATX, and could see no difference. It comes with a stay-on case included, if you like these (I don't!). The only possible gripe anyone could have is the fairly pronounced 'rolling ball' effect when panning at low magnifications, but it doesn't bother me at all. It's also a lot cheaper than the others, but it is a top-quality scope, not a 'cheapo'. AFAIK all parts are made and assembled by Meopta in their own plants.

IMHO the only reason to buy a ATX is for its modularity; the three objective sizes, the extender and BTX possibility. In terms of optical performance the Meopta is as good as it gets.

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back