• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron 6.5x32 Adventurer T WP (1 Viewer)

perterra

Anyone tried or looked very closely at the Opticron 6.5x32 Adventurer T WP porro's.

Looking for a 6X glass and wondering about something besides the usual suspects?

perterra,

I have one. I can post some pics and impressions if you like.

Please do, trying to decide it it would be an improvement over the little Leupold 6X30. Dont go to any trouble unless it's something you want to do. Just impressions are fine with me.

Perterra,

I revisited this little binocular last night.

It has a classic porro feel to it...similar to something like the Nikon E II rather than any of the Yosemite/Savanna/YF models. Metal construction with the fold down rubber eyecups. Optically it is very good especially for the price. The sweet spot is generous..I would say roughly 60-65% of the field of view. The off axis performance is predominantly field curvature. Refocusing definitely brings the outside edge into sharp focus. It isn't a small nudge of the knob but it isn't a great amount either. Color is neutral, the image is bright but not exceptionally so. Sharpness is excellent.

Overall a great, lightweight little performer as long as you aren't turned off by the classic rubber eyecups or the slightly less than tight diopter adjustment on the right eyepiece.

Perterra,

I revisited this little binocular last night.

It has a classic porro feel to it...similar to something like the Nikon E II rather than any of the Yosemite/Savanna/YF models. Metal construction with the fold down rubber eyecups. Optically it is very good especially for the price. The sweet spot is generous..I would say roughly 60-65% of the field of view. The off axis performance is predominantly field curvature. Refocusing definitely brings the outside edge into sharp focus. It isn't a small nudge of the knob but it isn't a great amount either. Color is neutral, the image is bright but not exceptionally so. Sharpness is excellent.

Overall a great, lightweight little performer as long as you aren't turned off by the classic rubber eyecups or the slightly less than tight diopter adjustment on the right eyepiece.

How do you think the optics compare to a Yosemite?

Eye cups dont bother me because I leave them folded all the time.

I think the Yosemite/Savanna/YF models have a larger sweet spot but the field of view is notably wider with the Adventurer T WP. I don't remember any difference in color representation, sharpness or contrast but I haven't done a side by side in some time. I will arrange for that over the weekend and report back.

Thanks Frank, I'm honestly leaning towards another Leupold. My old Bushnell I keep in the camper picked up a fungus. Not enough to see yet, but it will get there

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back