• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Australia ID help (1 Viewer)

Upekkha

Hi,

I used to live just north of Perth for 2 and a half years but had no real interest in birds whilst there (I know, its sounds crazy to me now?!!). I've been going through some old photos (some shocking i might add) and was looking for some help in IDing them. The first 4 were taken at Herdsman lake, the last 1 at William Bay National Park, Denmark. I've taken a stab at some of them. Thanks in advance

Dave

1. little egret?
2. Wattlebird?
3. Australian white ibis?
4. blue billed duck?
5. ?

Attachments

• Herdsman Lake 066.JPG
    Herdsman Lake 066.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Herdsman lake second visit 034.JPG
    Herdsman lake second visit 034.JPG
    665.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Herdsman lake second visit 050.JPG
    Herdsman lake second visit 050.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Herdsman lake second visit 086.jpg
    Herdsman lake second visit 086.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Various uploaded 200312 129.JPG
    Various uploaded 200312 129.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Last one and this is the worst photo. Also taken at William Bay National Park, Denmark

Attachments

• Various uploaded 200312 136.JPG
    Various uploaded 200312 136.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 61
1) Great Egret
2) Yes, Red Wattlebird
3) & 4) you're right
5) & 6) both Pacific Gull, an adult then quite a young bird

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back