• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x24 ZCF.GA (1 Viewer)

Macca

Hi

I am looking for a cheap pair of compact bins and found Opticron 8x24 ZCF.GA on warehouseexpress going cheap. I have a pair of Swift HHS 828 and just want a small pair to take anywhere (fit in my jacket pocket, car glove box etc) when I cant be bothered carrying the Swifts. They seem like a superb buy for the price 37.50.

Anyone got these or tried them in a shop??

Cheers
Macca

Hi Macca

I just received a pair from Warehouseexpress this a.m., tried them out lunchtime and was quite impressed. It is fairly grey here in Southampton at present but the image was fairly bright and sharp. The small rubber eyecups might not be to everyone's liking but I find they worked OK for me (I use Nikon 8x30EIIs so I'm used to non adjustable eyecups). The dioptre adjustment is stiff so that's good.

They are not as small as e.g. Pentax Papilio but would still fit in a decent size pocket.

HTH

Paul

Macca said:
Hi

I am looking for a cheap pair of compact bins and found Opticron 8x24 ZCF.GA on warehouseexpress going cheap. I have a pair of Swift HHS 828 and just want a small pair to take anywhere (fit in my jacket pocket, car glove box etc) when I cant be bothered carrying the Swifts. They seem like a superb buy for the price 37.50.

Anyone got these or tried them in a shop??

Cheers
Macca

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back