• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My 2007 Moth catches (1 Viewer)

Is the a Brick? Having never seen one before I want to make sure of my ID.

John

Attachments

• DSCN3503.jpg
    DSCN3503.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 95
Thanks Ken / Brian

Only three moths last night but at least this one was a new one. The other two were November Moth agg and Blair's Shoulder-knot (which I seem to catch in most trappings lately.

John

I'm pretty certain that this is a Juniper Carpet but as I have never caught one before I thought I would double check with you guys to make sure that I am correct.

John

Attachments

• DSCN3539.jpg
    DSCN3539.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 86
I found this moth on the door post at 17:30 on Tuesday. Is it a November moth agg. I ask as it looks a little different to others I have caught and yet I can't really find another moth quite like it.

John

Attachments

• DSCN3543.jpg
    DSCN3543.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 97
Another I'm not sure of. I suppose it's another November Moth agg.

John

Attachments

• DSCN3556.jpg
    DSCN3556.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN3564.jpg
    DSCN3564.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 95
That's a Winter Moth. Should generally smaller than the Nov moth aggs.

Thanks Angus

This is the first time I have seen one of those.

I still have the moth and took a good look at it I must admit that it didn't seem to be any smaller than some of the November Moth aggs I have caught but now that I have looked it up I can see why it is a Winter Moth.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back