• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM3/MM4 Has anyone given up using zoom? (1 Viewer)

What about the HDF 40831 ?
Anyone using that one?
Seems to be x23 on mm4 60

Grtz

I have the x23, x32, and SDLv2. I originally didn't know about the x32, because it is discontinued, until reading this thread.

The x23 also has a very nice AFOV (65*). It also has full weather sealing to the scope, unlike the x32 (the x23 screws on the outside threads of the mount, whereas the x32 screws to the inside threads).

If I had known about the x32 (and was able to buy one), I would have gone x17, x32, and maybe the zoom. the 45x zoom is great for what it is, but the AFOV is only 36* at max zoom.

I guess if I were looking at flocks, I'd use the 23x or 15x from the zoom, but otherwise the 32x has been on the scope since I got it.

I got lucky on the 32x and found a retailer who had old stock here in the US. AFAIK, I got the last one. I've not seen anyone else advertising stock of it.

Marc

Hdf 40831

What about the HDF 40831 ?
Anyone using that one?
Seems to be x23 on mm4 60

Grtz

I use the HDF 40831. I also have a zoom eyepiece but I cannot remember when I last used the zoom eyepiece as the HDF 40831 works so well for me and I much prefer using it.

Cheers
Toby

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back