• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Fixed combination ! (2 Viewers)

Raydes

Dinosaur in action
Hi all

Just recently i saw this post in the bird-pix group.

"A digiscopers' dream come true???
A 300Mil. pixel digicame with 75-225mm(equivalent to 450-1350mm) zoom.
TDI-SPOTTING SCOPE/DSC
http://www.kowa-prominar.ne.jp/td1/

Mikio from Chilliwack, BC"

It goes to the main site of Kowa-Prominar.
It is in Japanese but i thought it could be usefull for future digiscopers?
Waiting for the reviews now :cool:

Just to be informative,

Thanks Raymond,
I wonder if it's a digital camera with a huge lens or a spotting scope with a built-in digital camera :) If it has auto-focus.. that will be handy.
Everyone has been saying (even those from the lage optics manufacturers) that spoting scopes with built-in cameras are inevitable. The early designs will probably be poor, but they will get it right in the end.
Andy

Andy

I should prefer a hybrid of the two!
Let's say a spotting scope with a very fine LCD (right size/BIG)
So that there's no eyepiece or vignetting any more :)

It will be interesting to see an English translation of that page, I thought I saw that it had a 55mm objective lens.
Andy

I just had a last look at the details.

I have to guess a bit but i think they mention 10x30 Zoom eyepiece? and focusing 5meter- infinite?
The 55mm you mentioned is with ED glass i think.
But we will see more the next days :)

Yes, it is ED, it uses the same Prominar process as the high end Kowa's have on them.
The digital camera section has a 3x zoom built in, both camera and scope has both auto and manual options for focusing, TTL viewing with diopter -5 to +5 adj, uses SD memory cards for jpeg format pics, interface: USB (1.1), video out (NTSC ans/or PAL), runs on 4 AA alkaline batteries.
Scope is 55mm Prominar glass, 10x-30x zoom, 7.3~3.2 brightness (whatever that means), eye relief of 20mm, field of view @1000 meters is 68.8 X 51.5 ~ 22.9 X 17.1 meters. Yoou've already seen that focus is as close as 5 meters.
There's 2 shows that are coming up in Japan, 1 in Tokyo 3/14 - 16 and in Osaka 4/11 - 13 that Kowa will be showing it off in.
The rest of the stuff has too much unfamilar kanji for me to make out.
Sorry

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back