• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold BX-3 Mojave 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Rain Guard

Anyone who wants the stock plastic low profile eyeguard I figured a solution that seems to work.

Unless somebody already posted this?

I'm using a Vortex rainguard on my wife's binocular was using a rubber one on these but, thought I would try it.

I might go a little larger but any smaller and it doesn't work as well.

Bryce...

Just drill some holes around eyeguard, air escapes instead of creating suction.

Those are holes in the Leupold rainguard. What size were they and how many? Thanks for the good idea.

Been using mine this weekend. Compared to Zeiss FL the fov is smaller but does not bother me. I say almost as bright as the FL. Just great to super great binos. If one needs mid range 8x32 binos these are outstanding. I like them a lot. I use the FL very little now.

Last edited:
I just bought eitanaltman's pair of these so will come back and report on my noob opinion of them, and how buttery the focus is, sometime after I get my hands on them, which will be towards the end of August.

Thanks to all who commented in this thread for building a very good case for them against the M7s... it was all most helpful.

Robert

I just bought eitanaltman's pair of these so will come back and report on my noob opinion of them, and how buttery the focus is, sometime after I get my hands on them, which will be towards the end of August.

Thanks to all who commented in this thread for building a very good case for them against the M7s... it was all most helpful.

Robert

THANK YOU!
I can't tell you how many times I've looked at those for that price and wanted to get them...! I just couldn't justify it since I bought a set of Leicas and Kowas this year since May. Also...I have a compact 6x pair of bins (Vortex Viper HDs). But still they called to me... :gh:

THANK YOU!
I can't tell you how many times I've looked at those for that price and wanted to get them...! I just couldn't justify it since I bought a set of Leicas and Kowas this year since May. Also...I have a compact 6x pair of bins (Vortex Viper HDs). But still they called to me... :gh:

Glad to be of service to you, David.

o:)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back