• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (1 Viewer)

Sounds a good day nonetheless Larry...saw my one and only Western Kingbird in Florida,where they're certainly not common.
Hope to add to my BF List next week down in Devon with a few indigenous reprobates!

"phalarope" is highly migratory. The trouble is, there is no set pattern to her migrations. She may go any of the four directions at any given time of the year. So the chances of being able to "tick" this rather elusive species are well, chancy! She may be on Attu or then again possibly in South Africa, perhaps you could catch this species in Central America. I guess she is in the "cosmopolitan" genre.

I guess maybe I will have to try for a "tero"!

Hi everyone , got my very first BF tick today ...........Helenol , a very pleasant experience it was too !! . Nice to put a face to name .

Ashley.

ashrich said:
Hi everyone , got my very first BF tick today ...........Helenol , a very pleasant experience it was too !! . Nice to put a face to name .

Ashley.
Thanks for that Ashley! Don't forget Marlow gravel pits. ;)

Another tick for me: Ashrich.

I must be getting old! I just remembered another BF Member who I can add to my list. Ted Vawter, he was in Saint Joseph around Christmas time and helped out with the Christmas Bird Count (CBC) for our area. So I am up to FIVE.

helenol said:
On 7 at the mo. Hope to add to that this weekend.
Got a great idea for Devon Bash! We all wear BF caps and play hide and seek. That way no one can accuse us of getting our ticks too easily!

Hi Larry. Yes, it's a British expression meaning, roughly, QED. Hang on, that's a Latin one... Well... maybe you could substitute "sorted"!

Hi Jason,

Your last post did not help me a great deal in trying to get your meaning.

But, Q.E.D., quod erat demonstrandum, which was [is] to be shown

Maybe if one's BF List is "over" 20, then "Bob's your uncle"!

"sorted" ??

Last edited:
The Penguin Dictionary of English Idioms' definition is . . .

and Bob's your Uncle! Now you have what you want. When the young Balfour was given a ministerial post by his uncle, Lord Robert Salisbury, the prime minister, member's of the opposition said "Bob's your uncle'. Meaning with such an uncle he could have whatever he wanted.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back