• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (2 Viewers)

All the Mods. and Admin. Staff are Schedule 1. I wouldn't like to comment on their breeding status though!

THis BF 200 listing lark isn`t as easy as it looks - I thought we had a guaranteed stakeout for a "Fifebirder" on Saturday which would have been both a lifer and a Scottish tick for me, but dipped out despite extensive searching ;)

If we could radio tag some of the more elusive members and track them via the web site to see their movements we may be able to increase our chances of sighting them.Always wear the BF cap when out birding,but never had any questions about it.My total todate is a pathetic 3 :'D obviously going to the wrong places,but the Oop North Bash should improve my list.

Geoff Pain said:
If we could radio tag some of the more elusive members and track them via the web site to see their movements we may be able to increase our chances of sighting them.Always wear the BF cap when out birding,but never had any questions about it.My total todate is a pathetic 3 :'D obviously going to the wrong places,but the Oop North Bash should improve my list.
Geoff

Good idea, It would show where and when they start to flock together!.

Well, I have to admit to not wearing my BF cap all that often when out birding, as baseball caps don't really suit me. But I'll probably have it on at Minsmeet and Oop North so that people can recognise our group and don't go wandering off with other groups.

digi-birder said:
Well, I have to admit to not wearing my BF cap all that often when out birding, as baseball caps don't really suit me. But I'll probably have it on at Minsmeet and Oop North so that people can recognise our group and don't go wandering off with other groups.
Also a warning to non BFers and people in the know to keep away. Must admit, I don't wear mine, too cold in winter, and that cream is so showy.
O.K. if I was a bird I suppose, although I've never seen one wearing a baseball cap!.
I'd like a nice little discreet badge I could wear on my fleece hat though!.

Last edited:
I've just edited my post to include the new ticks from the Minsmeet weekend, and added some that I had forgotten about before, bringing my total so far to 39.

Roll on Oop North!!

Diane,

Did anyone speed up to Minsmeet in a Corvette and tick you all then speed off again in a cloud of dust on a BF200 Club race?

digi-birder said:
I've just edited my post to include the new ticks from the Minsmeet weekend, and added some that I had forgotten about before, bringing my total so far to 39.

Roll on Oop North!!

I can now hear "Oop North!!" in the proper accent

pduxon said:
I can now hear "Oop North!!" in the proper accent

Eee by gum! Ecky thump! Just tekkin mi whippet for a walk.

Andrew, I didn't notice anyone twitching us, but there could have been some lurkers, I suppose.

ColinJ
Digibirder
RobinM and wife
Grousemore
Woody
Dave G
Sam + 1 fledgling
Geraldine
Alan Rymer
PDuxon
Elizabeth Bigg
Malcolm (Ornithopod)
Dave Smith and wife
Ivan, wife and mother-in-law
John (not sure of species) but he was at Minsmeet 2004

Quite a good list so far considering only been 'Membering' twice.

Btw whoever suggested the intensive ringing programme better not lay hands on me unless they want to be 'dismembered'.

Haven't ticked myself but will do so as soon as Alan gives me the name of his pink pill supplier...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back