• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Forest for a New Birder (1 Viewer)

fingkisher

Having only dabbled previously I've vowed to up my birding game with the help of a friend who has been doing it for years.

Made it to Blashford and got to see the Yellow Browed Warbler and Great White Egret.

Many Great Tits, Coal Tits, Marsh Tits, Blue Tits and my first Siskin spot (also at Blashford in the excellent Woodland Hide). Saw a few Chaffinch too, a new favourite.

Managed to take my new-ish lens out for the first time proper too and luckily thanks to my friends advice got some pics I'm happy with too. All in all, a lovely old time was had!

Attachments

• Blue Tit 1.jpg
    Blue Tit 1.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Chaffinch 1.jpg
    Chaffinch 1.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 65
Forgot to add that we went hunting for the White-Tailed Eagle too and unfortunately didn't spot it. Would've loved to have seen it!

If you like the woodland hide at Blashford you would probably love Eyeworth Pond, where photographers dispense seed in large quantities and difficult subjects such as Marsh Tits become photo-fodder with relative ease.

Also Mandarins on the pond itself and Goosanders if you are early (and lucky).

John

If you like the woodland hide at Blashford you would probably love Eyeworth Pond, where photographers dispense seed in large quantities and difficult subjects such as Marsh Tits become photo-fodder with relative ease.

Also Mandarins on the pond itself and Goosanders if you are early (and lucky).

John

Thanks John! We did in fact go there before Blashford, it was great. Saw a load of Goosander and started the day off by throwing my new binos in the lake (complete accident - clearly overexcited!)

Well, don't do that with your newish lens - you're getting some really good images with it! ;o)

fingkisher; Saw a load of Goosander and started the day off by throwing my new binos in the lake (complete accident - clearly overexcited!)[/QUOTE said:
Was it water proof or did you not recover it from the water?
If you did, how long was it submerged and did water get inside?
and what make/model.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back