• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshopped UK Hybrid Species! (1 Viewer)

We've had all 3 answers, just not together! The claws seem to be putting most people off - they're not from a menacing bird whatsoever, just one that likes to 'nip and twist' when being ringed! Someone's got to get it soon, keep trying people!

We've had all 3 answers, just not together! The claws seem to be putting most people off - they're not from a menacing bird whatsoever, just one that likes to 'nip and twist' when being ringed! Someone's got to get it soon, keep trying people!

Okay. Brambling, Firecrest, and Blue Tit.

Lets get the obvious one out of the way first - Green Woodpecker.

Next - Female Blackbird, Pied Wagtail and now I'm struggling - spotted flycatcher

Rich

Right, first go at this.... and my ID skills of full birds are pretty ropy, so will be going for luck more than judgement...

Blackbird
Green woodpecker
Rock pipit
LT tit

Rich - you were so close! Sean has got it right again tho, there's a Pied Wag and Long-tailed Tit in there. I thought I would put both in to make it tricky. Think we're on to the last one now, did all these ages ago!

8small.jpg

Another 4 to find here :t:

Right, first go at this.... and my ID skills of full birds are pretty ropy, so will be going for luck more than judgement...

Blackbird
Green woodpecker
Rock pipit
LT tit

Wouldn't call that ropy! Only one out, Sean got it right already. The next one is awaiting you...

Goldfinch, Reed bunting, Willow warbler and umm robin?

These are great, really make you pay attention to detail.

Thanks for the positive feedback - they aren't easy to do and I haven't got any more made up after this, will have to browse back through my picture archive to see if I can make another lot.

Both of you have said Willow Warbler which is interesting, might be some debate there...

Thanks for the positive feedback - they aren't easy to do and I haven't got any more made up after this, will have to browse back through my picture archive to see if I can make another lot.

Both of you have said Willow Warbler which is interesting, might be some debate there...

This is the thing, without the rest of the body to put it in context its tough. It could be yellow wagtail perhaps...don't think its chunky enough

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back