Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon Travelite V replacement parts?

Old Tuesday 27th November 2018, 00:03   #1
gvpuntorno

Nikon Travelite V replacement parts?

Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help me on here...I bought a pair of Nikon Travelite EX / V bins 8 x25 on ebay as a last minute whim and managed to get them for 15. They were listed as in good condition, but when I received them the eyecups rubber sections were missing. Since then the seller has gone dark and despite raising a case i don't think I'm going to get my money back.

My question is, I'd rather see something put to use than thrown away or left to gather dust...I've looked around but was wondering if anyone on here knows where I could get a set of cups other than the manufacturer direct? Or is it not worth my time doing so? Any info / opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, g

Last edited by gvpuntorno : Tuesday 27th November 2018 at 00:17.
Old Tuesday 27th November 2018, 11:49   #2
jring

Hi,

first of all, welcome to BF!

You might ask Nikon and if you're lucky they still have parts. Other than that you can take measurements and try to get fitting ones off ebay or try some piece of old cycle innertube of the correct diameter and use that.

Joachim
Old Tuesday 27th November 2018, 13:01   #3
gvpuntorno

Thanks Joachim - thats great, I'll have a look and see if they still stock... I can't check the adjust on the right eyecup as if its and I think the twist happens deeper into the bins which is why I'm a bit reluctant to spend too much on them, but as a backup pair the inner tube could work well, cheers.
Old Saturday 1st December 2018, 10:57   #4
richard866945
Bino repair man

nikon eyecups

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvpuntorno View Post
Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help me on here...I bought a pair of Nikon Travelite EX / V bins 8 x25 on ebay as a last minute whim and managed to get them for 15. They were listed as in good condition, but when I received them the eyecups rubber sections were missing. Since then the seller has gone dark and despite raising a case i don't think I'm going to get my money back.

My question is, I'd rather see something put to use than thrown away or left to gather dust...I've looked around but was wondering if anyone on here knows where I could get a set of cups other than the manufacturer direct? Or is it not worth my time doing so? Any info / opinion would be appreciated. Thanks, g
Firstly try Nikon UK
Nikon Uk Ltd
380 Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. KT2 5PR

The spares department is open from 9 `til 1

Tel 03301 230 930 option 2
or email [email protected]

Richard action optics
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: