• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica / Panasonic lenses on Olympus DSLRs (1 Viewer)

RAH

I see that Leica makes lenses specifically designed (marketed) for the Panasonic DSLRs. For example, they make a 14-150mm lens that looks pretty interesting, plus several others. I'm guessing that these will fit onto Olympus 4:3 cameras (E-5xx, E4xx, etc). Anyone know if this is the case, and if so, has anyone tried them? Seems like they might be an interesting alternative to Oly lenses, especially since some of the Oly pro-type lenses are pretty pricey too.

Yes they will work on any 4/3rd DSLR with couple of caveats:

1. Some of them have an aperture ring. This will only work on a Panasonic DSLR but setting the aperture from the camera body works as normal on an Olympus
  2. You can't have in-lens and in-body IS engaged at the same time.

From what I've seen they're poor value for money when compared to the Olympus pro lenses.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back