• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bluetooth Binos Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Oh the ergonomics are to die for!

Brock should have no problem getting his meaty paws wrapped around this open bridge design.

;)

index_29.jpg

Oh the ergonomics are to die for!

Brock should have no problem getting his meaty paws wrapped around this open bridge design.

;)

index_29.jpg

But will they fit his deep set eyes?:smoke: And that focus wheel might require that he get a nose job too!;)

Bob

I had this idea a while ago. If the binoculars or binoculars/smartphone system:

1) Knows its own position by GPS
2) Can identify the direction the binoculars are directed towards
3) Can use information from the focus wheel to determine the distance to the object in focus (although this requires that the user is emmetropic or uses spectacles

they could possibly determine the GPS coordinates of the object.

Now that Ron mentions it, I do remember seeing some stuff on the Leica Vector some time ago. I have the notion that the standard "glass inside the chassis" binocular may have gotten as good optically as it may need to get for normal human eyes. Smartphone technology is also light years advances over what it was ten years ago too. Same with GPS and laser technology.

We already have very good laser rangefinder equipped binoculars. So it seems like pairing that with a bluetooth connection to a smartphone or GPS unit, or other function, is a reasonably logical next step. It seems like it would have some serious usages in certain survey and other geolocation applications.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back