• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can't upload most photos with new V3 (1 Viewer)

proudpapa56

Where'd you go, stay put!
United States
When I try to upload photos into the Gallery they "exceed file size". This happened occasionally with the V1 but almost every time with the V3.
Is there a fix for that?
Also, how do you get thumbnail shots posted onto these threads?

PP: after you've done any cropping, sharpening etc and have saved your image, you then need to re-size it to upload to the Gallery or a forum. How you do this depends on what image software you have.

I'm using Windows 7 and it's a simple matter (in the Pictures Gallery) to right click on the image, and select Re-size from the drop down. I accept the default setting they come up with and have no problems uploading. You're image needs to be (basically) below 1000px on the longest side.

According to the guidelines the file size needs to be below 500kb and max dimensions are 1024 pixels wide x 900 pixels high. The files need to be jpeg, png or gif format. The gallery guidelines say that photos will be resized automatically if they exceed those dimensions but I expect you still need to come in at under 500kb in the first place.

As a side note, when you go to upload a photo it says the maximum file size can be 5120kb so there seems to be a conflict between the upload page and the guidelines which says only 500kb. Looking at photos in the gallery I guess that 5120kb is the max file size and the guidelines need altering.

Paul.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back