• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

some extinct NZ birds.... (1 Viewer)

Chlidonias

a few photos of extinct New Zealand birds: Stewart Island snipe (included under subantarctic snipe in Opus); laughing owl; Auckland Island merganser (all three photos taken at the Canterbury Museum, Christchurch, New Zealand)

Attachments

• Stewart_Island_snipe.jpg
    Stewart_Island_snipe.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 66
  • laughing_owl.jpg
    laughing_owl.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 64
  • NZ_merganser.jpg
    NZ_merganser.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 69
huia; bush wren; Chatham Island fernbird (all taken at the Canterbury Museum)

Attachments

• huia.jpg
    huia.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 63
  • bush_wren_Xenicus_longipes.JPG
    bush_wren_Xenicus_longipes.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Chatham_Islands_fernbird_1_.jpg
    Chatham_Islands_fernbird_1_.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 77
these two already have pictures in Opus, but these ones are better:
New Zealand quail; New Zealand little bittern (in Opus called "black-backed bittern" for reasons I cannot fathom) -- both photos taken at the Canterbury Museum

Attachments

• NZ_Quail_Coturnix_novaezelandiae.JPG
    NZ_Quail_Coturnix_novaezelandiae.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 62
  • NZ_little_bitterns.JPG
    NZ_little_bitterns.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 71
white-eyed river martin, taken at the Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Thailand

Attachments

• white-eyed river martin.JPG
    white-eyed river martin.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 79
this one also has a picture in Opus but this one is better:
green-backed white-eye taken at Les Bois du Sud, New Caledonia

Attachments

• green-backed white-eye.JPG
    green-backed white-eye.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 74
I could have uploaded them myself to Opus but I'm not really a technical computer wizardy sort of person and I would have stuffed it up somehow I'm sure, so thought it best to just stick them on here |:d|

I could have uploaded them myself to Opus but I'm not really a technical computer wizardy sort of person and I would have stuffed it up somehow I'm sure, so thought it best to just stick them on here |:d|

:-O:-O..i tried it once...pictures were in but...under different name...after telling the Mods about it....stayed low for a while...lol....:-OB :) regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back