• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Butterflies and Moths (1 Viewer)

All species now reported for the year. New brood tortoiseshells starting to appear. So far nearly every species seems down in numbers except Holly Blue and Ringlet. Lets hope for a sustained dry summer now.

Did my transect walks today for BC and numbers seemed very low in Walpole St. Peter, Ringlets easily outnumbered Meadow Browns while the first Gatekeepers were seen today. Commas and Small Tortoiseshells fairly widespread here but only one Red Admiral.

That's the first Comma I've heard of this year. I had a Brimstone at Thorpe St Andrew today. Shame the weather is supposed to turn wintery on Thursday.

At least 2 Commas today at Danby Wood in Norwich (A pair and then a singleton that might have been one of the earlier two)
Historically the majority of Brimstones start to emerge from hibernation around the 15th March each year, although I've a feeling we may see it start slightly earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back