Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

RSPB 8x32 HD (new 2010 version) need help with strap

Old Wednesday 10th August 2011, 14:38   #1
d.steeley

RSPB 8x32 HD (new 2010 version) need help with strap

Hi, bought my wife a pair of these bins and we can't figure out how to fix the neoprene strap. The strap is wide, soft and slightly elasticated at the neck; at each end there is a square plastic PSPB badge then a plastic buckle and then a plastic connector which attaches to a loop of material (webbing) that is folded back on itself and stitched, forming a loop. The bins have 'eyes' on each side to accommodate the strap. As the loops are stitched we cant fit them or open them to thread them through the eyes.

Has anyone managed to find out how the strap fits?

Thanks

Dave
Old Wednesday 10th August 2011, 16:23   #2
dipped

I think you have the quick release strap.

So take the clips out either side. The short straps are left. Take the end of this strap (not the clip end) and pass it through the binocular lugs. Then pass the clip end through the loop (on itself), that you've just put through the lugs. Pull the clip end up.

So you've looped the straps through themselves on the bin lugs.

Now squeeze the left side clip through the left side rainguard and clip the main strap on.

Voila, hopefully.
Old Wednesday 10th August 2011, 16:31   #3
NoSpringChicken

If it is a quick release strap, as Dipped says, this Opticron video shows how to attach a similar strap (although this one has cord loops rather than webbing.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_P74MONB2M

Ron

BF Supporter 2010 2011 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 10th August 2011, 19:15   #4
d.steeley

Hi both, thanks for your replies. Yes I think you are correct. I did try this method when we first got them home but the result was a bit untidy around the lugs. I've just had another go and this time passed the end of the strap upwards through the lug (towards the eyepiece) and then brought the clip end up through the loop (last time I passed the strap down through the lug). Doing it this way has produced a much neater fold in the strap around the lug and we are both pleased with the result. Thanks for the inspiration.

thanks

Dave

Last edited by d.steeley : Wednesday 10th August 2011 at 19:18.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: