Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Can Anyone Recommend a Local Guide

Old Saturday 21st January 2017, 00:28   #1
Schentravel

Can Anyone Recommend a Local Guide

We are thinking of going to Trinidad and spending a few nights at Asa Wright and then going to Tobago and staying ? : we aren't sure yet. I'm into watching birds my husband is into photographing birds. Can anyone recommend a guide that could meet both our needs? We usually don't use guides, but my husband would like to improve his photography skills and we both realize that we see ore birds with guides. I read a little about Roger Neckles. Does anyone know him; would recommend him? Thanks
Old Saturday 21st January 2017, 19:27   #2
Jeff hopkins

I did a morning with Martyn Kenefick. Great guide (and he literally wrote the book on T&T birds).
Old Sunday 22nd January 2017, 03:57   #3
Dave B Smith

Martyn Kenefick is certainly one of the best guides in T&T and a pleasure to be out with. If you can't find contact details for him let me know and I'll send. In his absence, Asa Wright can set you up with guides on Trinidad.

For a pleasant afternoon photographing Hummingbirds try to get to Yerette. Check out www.Yerette.com. This is run by Theo Ferguson and his wife. Theo is also one of the best bird photographers on the island and his hummingbird photos are unrivaled.

I don't know Roger Neckles well but I am familiar with his photography and that is excellent.

For guides on Tobago I can highly recommend two. These are:

Newton George Tours

660-5463
754-7881

Birdwatching, Nature. Widely recognised as Tobago's leading bird watching guide. A must for serious birders!
Web: www.NewtonGeorge.com

Or

Peter Cox Nature Tours. Great guy and guide! Check out some of his reviews on tripadvisor.
Nature, Birdwatching. Highly recommended. Arguably Tobago's leading guide on environmental, ecology and nature. Last phone numbers I have for him are +(868) 751-5822 and
+(868) 385-3909

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 24th January 2017, 19:23   #4
Schentravel

Thank you both for your suggestions. I was away for a few days, but I am definitely going to look into your suggestions.

Linda
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: