Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Stork migration route through France.

Old Thursday 6th June 2013, 06:41   #1
Burgundybirder

Stork migration route through France.

Bonjour!
Can anyone recommend where to find information about the stork migration route through France? I'm new to birding and a bit overwhelmed by the MASS of information available both in English AND French.
I was driving near the river Saone early this morning and spotted what I think was a white stork in one of the fields nearby but of course I only had pathetic binoculars with me and a mobile phone camera-I know, I know-told you I was new to birding! (There was also about a dozen white jobbies (egrets?) which landed in the same field alongside two ------ herons and a ------ buzzard flew over the field as well, but I wasn't going to mention those in my embarrassment at nipping out not fully 'dressed' so to speak!) But in my defence, I did identify a nice little stonechat sitting on the fence...
Anyway, I would be grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction of finding out if the stork was an usual sighting at this time of the year.
Merci beaucoup.
Old Friday 7th June 2013, 06:39   #2
Eugene Archer

Have a look here : http://www.cigogne-odoborro.fr/artic...p?lng=fr&pg=86

Seems like there is a reasonable number of breeding birds in your region so probably not unusual.
Old Saturday 8th June 2013, 06:43   #3
Burgundybirder

Thanks Eugene for the link. Very useful to know.
B.B
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: