Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special ‚Äď Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Swarovski ATX DCA adaptor which compact camera

Old Friday 21st December 2018, 13:07   #1
Dougie

Swarovski ATX DCA adaptor which compact camera

Hi all just looking for peopleís expert ice here?
I own a Swarovski ATX 85 coupled with a DCA swing out adaptor; Iím looking to upgrade my Nikon P6000 compact camera as its getting a few faults on it now.
So Iím looking for a compact camera that works with my scope and swing out DCA adaptor
I have considered the Nikon W300 as I like the idea of thereís no external zooming lens that can collide with the ocular of the scope, and the weather protection
Others I have looked at are the Canon GX7 and Sony RX100V and Olympus TG-5
Iím not keen on using my Smartphone with my scope
Thanks for looking and thanks in advance any advice given Regards Dougie
Old Tuesday 15th January 2019, 19:14   #2
Neil

Iím impressed that youíve persevered with the P6000 for so long Dougie. I loved mine but it hasnít had a workout for several years now.
Many people have switched to Micro Four Thirds cameras and the Sony Nex series over the last few years. Iíve also used the Sony RX100 series cameras since the first one. They have some downsides though, short battery life, overheating when shooting 4k video and lens retracting when you least expect it (power saving). Good image quality and great video though.
I would look seriously at one of the Micro Four Thirds bodies eg GX8 with the 20 mm lens.
Neil.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: