Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

W-India + W-Tragopan near Kullu

Old Monday 11th March 2019, 14:19   #1
temmie

W-India + W-Tragopan near Kullu

A bit last-minute, but if anyone is willing to share costs for the following:

West-India 21-27th of April: Start in Udaipur with a private car, going counterclockwise to Tal Chappar / Bikaner / Jaisalmer / Siwana / Abu and ending at Udaipur (airport). Targets are all classic birds on a W-India itinerary. While that's a bit late in the season, most if not all target birds should be possible. I am aware at recent hiccups regarding entry at DNP but that should be OK by now.

Cost = mainly the air-con spacious car + flexible driver (around 500 euro for 7 full days Udaipur-Udaipur) and hotels + meals (all can be had quite cheap, to be discussed as a function of convenience for birding). I would he happy if any number between 1-3 people would join. There is no birding guide but at the DNP there will be a good one, and for all other sites I am happy to find my own stuff (homework done) or I rely on some locals pointing out areas or birds. The trip is very target-orientated.

Greater Himalaya National Park 28th of April - 3-4th of May: During this week I will be chasing some chickens around Kullu (I am leaning to visiting the classical site at Khorli Poi). This involves some trekking and camping. I hope to get quotes for prices this week from reputable local agencies. Target birds are all pheasants (W-Tragopan and Cheer Pheasant, but also Koklass Pheasant, Himalayan Monal) + some W-Himalayan specialties. For this week I am not looking for more than 1 companion as more companions = more chickens flushed...

If interested in any (or both) of these week-long itineraries, let me know through PM.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 3rd June 2019, 20:53   #2
temmie

I'm back.

Reports are here:
https://www.cloudbirders.com/triprep...De%20Temmerman

Ofcourse, this was a good reason to change my avatar from Temminck's to some other Tragopan

BF Supporter 2009 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 4th June 2019, 07:03   #3
DMW

Lol... Nice upgrade
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: