• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding trip Kenya/Uganda June 2019 (1 Viewer)

Dear all,

My first post on this forum! I live in Kenya but leaving soon, and hoping to do at least one real good birding trip before I leave. So looking for someone to join me!

I have not worked out any details or exact locations, but was thinking about western/northern Kenya and Uganda (although very much open for suggestions). At least one week, but open to an even longer trip.

Kind regards,
Ruben

Dear all,

My first post on this forum! I live in Kenya but leaving soon, and hoping to do at least one real good birding trip before I leave. So looking for someone to join me!

I have not worked out any details or exact locations, but was thinking about western/northern Kenya and Uganda (although very much open for suggestions). At least one week, but open to an even longer trip.

Kind regards,
Ruben

Welcome to Bird Forum Ruben.

If you have been living in Kenya, but don't have any firm ideas about what kind of trip you want to make, or to where, then I think you will have difficulties finding a partner here on BF.

If someone was looking to take a trip with someone who is otherwise a stranger, then surely they would expect at least the benefit of local knowledge - but you live in Kenya, but don't know what to do or where to go.

And in addition, one would ask how come you can't find someone in the foreign or local community in Kenya to go with you?

Anyway, I am going to recommend you look at the site of a Kenya-based company (with which I have no connection apart from using them once):

https://www.sustainablebirding.com/

Here you will find lots of possible tours, which you can customize also. You could do a tour on your own, or try and find someone around you who would like to go with you.

Or if you pick one tour, then you could come back here with a definite proposition and maybe find a companion.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back