Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Canon Powershot A410 - Problems Advice

Old Thursday 4th July 2019, 19:06   #1
Mark Jarrett

Canon Powershot A410 - Problems Advice

My friend has the above camera bought in 2005. After a recent holiday, he found that the last 8 pictures of 120 on the sd card were completely white with no picture at all. He has since discovered that any photos taken outside are like this (white) but any taken indoors are as previously and normal.

I suggested that he check the ‘white balance’ setting to ensure it hasn’t been inadvertently altered, which it hasn’t. He has tried a new sd card and the problem remains.

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!
Old Friday 5th July 2019, 15:49   #2
MJN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Jarrett View Post
My friend has the above camera bought in 2005. After a recent holiday, he found that the last 8 pictures of 120 on the sd card were completely white with no picture at all. He has since discovered that any photos taken outside are like this (white) but any taken indoors are as previously and normal.

I suggested that he check the ‘white balance’ setting to ensure it hasn’t been inadvertently altered, which it hasn’t. He has tried a new sd card and the problem remains.

Anyone any ideas as to what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!
Hi Mark. Has he possibly altered a scene mode without realising?
It's just possible that the camera has developed a fault. If it has, the good news is that a second hand Canon A410 can be purchased for less than £10.
Best.
Mike.
Old Friday 5th July 2019, 17:08   #3
Mark Jarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN View Post
Hi Mark. Has he possibly altered a scene mode without realising?
It's just possible that the camera has developed a fault. If it has, the good news is that a second hand Canon A410 can be purchased for less than £10.
Best.
Mike.
Thanks for that Mike. I’ll put the question to him although I feel that due to it’s age, the camera may well just be on its last legs. Cheers. Mark.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: