• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I had to apoligize this morning to a Brown Thrasher! :/ (1 Viewer)

Groovy Grackle

I had to apologize this morning to a Brown Thrasher! :/

This morning me and my nephew decided to do a little bird watching trip not far from my house at the edge of some power lines..and we were able to see 2 Black Vultures sitting on opposite sides of one those "Y" shaped towers. We were super excited to be able to see these magnificent birds very closely through our binoculars.

As we were making our way out of the tall grass power line strip I spotted a large brownish red bird ( I knew it was a Brown Thrasher immediately!) at the edge of the trees and in my excitement I pointed out it's direction quietly but quickly to my nephew and said .." look over there ..it's a Brown Thrush"! LOL

So we both looked and it wasn't until after we looked that I realized my name calling mistake! :-C

I even apologized under my breath to this bird as we walked closer to it...apologizing to my nephew also because he is just now starting to get interested in the wonderful world of birding.
So next time I see a BROWN THRASHER ... I promise I will not say BROWN THRUSH ! :t:

Last edited:
So next time I see a BROWN THRASHER ... I promise I will not say BROWN THRUSH. !

LOL Groovy Grackle I bet you do!!! If my experience is anything to go by. For some time whenever I saw, or thought about Puffins, the name Penguin came into my head. I just couldn't stop myself saying it!!!

Please don't tell anyone here, will you;)

LOL Groovy Grackle I bet you do!!! If my experience is anything to go by. For some time whenever I saw, or thought about Puffins, the name Penguin came into my head. I just couldn't stop myself saying it!!!

Please don't tell anyone here, will you;)

I can certainly understand it with those 2 species of bird..name and coloration similarities ! lol

How about... Nuthatch and Nutcracker? ;)

Totally different bird species..but I am sure someone messed up a few times! lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back