• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jeff in E. Texas (1 Viewer)

jkingrph

I have been researching and looked through a Kowa TSN 82sv and was impressed, but was turned off by the size. After some more reading i settled on a Kowa TSN 664. Most of my use will be at the range looking at bullet holes, and no more than I use a scope I find a straight through view to be easier to locate my object of interest as compared to an angled eyepiece. I see where the angle is convenient to look over to while sitting, the scope can be located lower but I still have the target acquisition problem. With a straight through I can mount the scope higher and acquire my target easier.

I have had an old B&L Discoverer for 30+ years and my old eyes are having trouble with it. I had a similar problem with a 50 year old Redfield 4-12 rifle scope, even with the parallax adjustment I can no longer get it to focus for me, so I replaced it with a new Leupold, cannot remember the model number or specs at the moment but the difference is like night and day. I was talking to another gentlemen and he said he had the same problem with some of the older scopes.

Hi Jeff and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back