• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What to do for a broken wing? (1 Viewer)

Libby005

Hello,
Earlier today I heard a bang on our front door and found my car had caught a bird that flew into the door. It looks to be an indigo bunting. My cat spat it out and it was still alive and has no visible bleeding wounds. The only thing is it's right wing is injured. I'm not sure if it is broken, sprained, badly bruised, etc. I've rescued birds in the past but I'm not anything of a bird expert, so I was hoping for some input on what I can do to help this poor little guy? It has jumped out of the box a couple times and tried to fly off but can't because of its wing. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Hi ya Libby and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum.

Sorry to hear about the poor bird and your best bet would be to call a local vet to see if he/she knows of a bird rehabilitator in your area that you could take it to.

There is no way you can help its wing so the above would be your best bet. Please let us know how the bird fares.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back