• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding is now cool (1 Viewer)

If it's in the Telegraph it can't be trendy, no-one under retirement age reads it! (Awaits flak storm from young fogies)... ;)

I read it on a Saturday and I am not at the retirement age. I mainly buy it for the crosswords rather than the news content!

Used to do the same at University (a long time ago). We used to acquire one daily purely for the crosswords. I still don't know where they came from, but I don't ever remember buying one!

I always thought real Telegraph readers were more interested in shooting birds rather than watching them. :news:

One of the very few things I miss since we moved here is the Telegraph crossword (I always thought the sports coverage was superior to its rivals too)!

Chris

One of the very few things I miss since we moved here is the Telegraph crossword (I always thought the sports coverage was superior to its rivals too)!

Chris

excellent sport coverage (especially rugby union) which I know read "on-line" and wonderful crosswords were poor exchange for the political slant if the editorial content.

I don't mind hipsters joining in our wonderful hobby, maybe they will replace the "dudes" in Oddie's updated book !!

Not this one. I even wrote to them to ask for an opposite view to the odious Robin Page but they never replied, but they did sack him, which was a bit of a result!

This Telegraph article and the Times one seem to be prompted by the same survey. Does anyone have a link to this? The Telegraph article doesn't give it and I can't see the Times one behind the paywall.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back