• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Few Questions.... (1 Viewer)

Ruth Daniel

Hi all (and isn't it great to be able to post at at time to suit US!!)

I'm not getting any reply notifications????
I'm sure it's me done (or not done) something??
Any help please??
Also how do I get a piece of poetry/phrase under my name??
I'm sure it's all quite simple once I know but ???
This is going to be great AND still another 80 minutes till the Beeb even open!!!! lol!!!

Ruth X

No problem, Ruth. Most things like this are found by clicking on 'my profile' (in the lower red navigation bar, just above the warehouse express banner). From this drop-down you will see various options... the one you want for subscribing to threads is 'edit options'. The section 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' is what you want, and I suggest you set this to 'instant e-mail notification'. Have a look at the other options while you're there, they may be of benefit.

As far as your signature, you need to use the 'edit signature' bit under 'my profile'

Hope that helps,

cheers,
Andy

As far as your signature, you need to use the 'edit signature' bit under 'my profile'

Hope that helps,

cheers,
Andy[/QUOTE]

Thanks Andy,I've sorted out the instant reply notification but will need more time on the signature!! ;)

Speak soon,love Ruth

Well at least it's short and to the point ;) remember that you can format your text when when writing a signature, i.e. change font type/size/colour.

cheers,
Andy

Hi again Andy.....sorry to myther you but I like to know these things!!! lol!!
Why is there a tick against some threads??

No hurry I know you're busy! ;)

They show the threads that you are e-mail subscribed to ... so basically any thread you have started or posted to.

cheers,
Andy

Another tip if the amount of forums is a bit overwhelming on the main page, you can click the little minus sign on the main forum sections (far right hand side) to collapse/minimise sections that may not interest you as much as other areas.

cheers,
Andy

Thanks Andy and Robin....I've just saved this forum to "my faves" so am not actually looking at the rest of the site.....yet!!!
I'll get there eventually tho once this one becomes familiar,which I'm sure it will do very soon.........I'm getting there,slowly!!
Just tried to up-load a photo to go with my Snowdonia post but it's too dig???? back to the drawing board!!! lol!!!

Ruth Daniel said:
Thanks Andy and Robin....I've just saved this forum to "my faves" so am not actually looking at the rest of the site.....yet!!!
I'll get there eventually tho once this one becomes familiar,which I'm sure it will do very soon.........I'm getting there,slowly!!
Just tried to up-load a photo to go with my Snowdonia post but it's too dig???? back to the drawing board!!! lol!!!
Photos need to be no larger than 800x800pixels for the gallery. Upload the photo into the relevant category and you will automatically get a personal gallery of your own, and all subsequant uploads will go into the specific category and your personal gallery.
There are some gallery guidelines HERE

Cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back