• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor 65 notchy focus wheel (1 Viewer)

Boogieshrew

Hi,

I just took delivery of a used Razor 65 and instantly on trying it out, I noticed that the coarse focus wheel is notchy. A bit like a click stop zoom but with the clicks much much nearer together.

It makes it impossible to get in focus with just the coarse wheel. You have to get near as you can with the coarse wheel and then get full focus with the fine wheel.

Is this a common issue on the Razor scopes? Has anyone noticed the same thing?

It's a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned so the scope is going back straight away but I'm curious as to whether this is a common fault.

Hi,

I just took delivery of a used Razor 65 and instantly on trying it out, I noticed that the coarse focus wheel is notchy. A bit like a click stop zoom but with the clicks much much nearer together.

It makes it impossible to get in focus with just the coarse wheel. You have to get near as you can with the coarse wheel and then get full focus with the fine wheel.

Is this a common issue on the Razor scopes? Has anyone noticed the same thing?

It's a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned so the scope is going back straight away but I'm curious as to whether this is a common fault.
I have the same scope purchased new from Opticsplanet & mine has no such problem. Matter of fact, it has one of the better focusers (fine & coarse) of any of the high end scopes I have ever owned .... gwen

Perfect situation for the VIP Warranty to be used....?

If you've still got the 'scope, let us have it back (directly or via your dealer) and if it can't be fixed, it'll be replaced.

Hi davem.

thnks for letting me know. the dealer will be sending it in for repair and then back to me.

Excellent service. Thank you Vortex.

Top marks to London Camera Exchange (Bath) and Newpro/Vortex

Well I have to say the situation has been completely turned around by LCE in Bath and Newpro, the British dealers for Vortex Optics.

I sent the scope back to LCE who phoned me back the day they received it and offered to have Newpro send me a brand new scope due to Vortex's fantastic guarantee.

I received the scope three days later. Absolutely brand spanking new. So I got a brand new scope for the price of a secondhand one.

Thank you LCE and Newpro/Vortex. Unbelievably good service.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back