• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice on birding in Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Craig H

I'll be down in Cornwall for a family holiday in May, staying near Newquay. I'd appreciate any tips advice people have on places to go nearby. I will be nipping out in the mornings before the tribe get out of bed so won't have time to travel too far - maybe 10-20 miles max.

Cheers

Hi everyone. I'm in Cornwall for the rest of this week and I was wondering if anyone could drop me a pm with a good site for Dartford Warbler. We are staying near St Agnes, but will be travelling around during the week. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi everyone. I'm in Cornwall for the rest of this week and I was wondering if anyone could drop me a pm with a good site for Dartford Warbler. We are staying near St Agnes, but will be travelling around during the week. Any help will be much appreciated.

I think you may be unlikely to get a response as this is one of the rare breeding birds that don't get reported (same here in Devon) locals know where they are but to keep disturbance to a minimum don't encourage spreading the word. Sorry!

You can always look for Dartford Warblers in Devon on your way home - places like Aylesbeare Common RSPB and Woodbury Common are only about 20 minutes off the M5 from Exeter.

Both well known - and already highly disturbed - sites so I am not giving any secrets away.

Steve

I totally understand Jon. I wasn't sure of their status in Cornwall and just thought there might have been a well known site for them.

Thanks Steve! I might give that a go before braving the nightmare M5 on Saturday.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back