• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Pin Badges (1 Viewer)

Adrian k

I am a collector of Bird and Wildlife pin badges and would love to hear from others on here that collect the badges.

Currently the RSPB have released a new series of cards GNAH series 10 these are blue and white backing cards.

I know some use to be members of the Badge collectors club and this unfortunately closed we have no where to gain information of new badges being released so I thought lets keep each other up to date with information here.

New RSPB badge releases this year include-

Picture cards –

Corn bunting, Cattle egret, Sussex emerald moth, Robinhood Sherwood forest, Pied flycatcher. Jackdaw,

Series 10 –

Bloody henry crab, Curled Octopus, Collared dove, Privet hawmoth, Goshawk,

International Species –

Cory’s Shearwater, Black Stork African black oystercatcher

I will be updating more information when I have it

Nice badges RSPB pins are the easiest to come across but I do like many others and will update on many new releases as they occur.

I was at RSPB Conwy on Monday and picked up a rainbow Starling.
I don’t collect pin badges per se but I still have my Blue Peter badge and my school prefect badge......

Watch out for the new and very original limited edition 'Blue Pitta Badge.' Only 250 (individually numbered) available - first come first served! You can get them at the Oriental Bird Club stand at Birdfair or by emailing [email protected]

John Gregory
Chairman OBC

For those who collect RSPB pin badges the following are now for sale on the new Blue & White GNAH cards.

Adder, Badger, Banded snail, Black grouse, Bloody henry starfish, Blue tit (flying), Brimstone butterfly, Capercaillie, Collared dove, Common blue damselfly, Common frog, Corn bunting, Corncrake, Crested tit, Cuckoo, Curled octopus, Daisy, Dipper, Dog rose, Elephant hawkmoth, Emperor dragonfly, Eurasian curlew, Flying kingfisher, Fox, Foxglove, Golden eagle, Great yellow bumblebee, Grey wagtail, Hedgehog, Highland cow, Holly blue butterfly, Hoopoe, House sparrow, Jackdaw, Jay, Ladybird, Lapwing, Magpie, Natterjack toad, Nightingale, Nuthatch, Orange tip butterfly, Otter, Peacock butterfly, Pine martin, Privet hawkmoth, Puffin, Puffin looking left, Purple emperor butterfly, Red squirrel, Red stag deer. Robin, Robin gold local group 50th, Ruddy darter, Scottish crossbill, Scottish wildcat, Short haired bumblebee, Skylark, Small tortoiseshell butterfly, Starling pride (title on white), Starling pride (title on blue), Sunflower, Swallowtail butterfly, Water vole, White tailed eagle & Woodmouse

A couple of UPDATES -

Bird fair 2019 RSPB no new badges a few new series 10 badges will be -

Bee eater, Blackcap, Brown hare, Bullfinch, Fallow deer, Goldfinch, Great tit, Hawfinch, Swallow, Swift & Yellowhammer

Some international species and a few birdlife partner badges will also be for sale.

WWT UPDATE -

No new badges this year but they will have some next year hopefully for the Spring 2020 if all goes well but could be as late as Autum 2020 lers hope it's earlier rather than later

If anyone is thinking of going to the Bird Fair by public transport here is the best way to get to the fair -

Birmingham (New Street) to Stanstead Airport or the reverse

Trains leave Birmingham at 22 Minutes past the hour.
Trains leave Stanstead Airport at 12 minutes past the hour

leaving train at Oakham travel time approx -

from Birmingham 1 hour 25 minutes
from Stanstead Airport 2 hours 6 minutes

You can then take the free bus which runs from outside the station or by getting taxi travel time around 1 minutes

Fares from Birmingham return £47.05 before 9.30am then £22.50 after 9.30
Fares from Stanstead Airport £74.00 return before 9.30am then £44.75 after 9.30

Train calls at ALL the following stations -

Coleshill, Nuneaton, Leicester, Melton Mowbry, Oakham, Stamford, Peterborough, Whittlesea, March, Ely, Cambridge & Audley end

Had a great morning badge hunting managed to pick up some great badges (will try and put images up on Sunday if poss) managed to bump into a few collectors from across the country and get some info on new releases will update later in the year.

But the RSPB stand was crushing early on and some of the rarer badges went early a fewof the stalls from last year were missing which was a shame as they had great badges on them but as I said I will update on Sunday.

I’ve got quite a number of pin badges. The latest pin badge I’ve got was was when all of my local RSPB group who attended our local groups 50th anniversary dinner, this year where given a pin badge celebrating the 4 RSPB Groups that where the the first RSPB Groups including mine which where formed in 1969. Also I’ve got an enamel RSPB members badge that I bought in the 1970’s from the RSPB and the old enamel RSPB members badges of which you can sometimes see been sold on Amazon or eBay are now been sold for about £15.00-£20.00.
Ian.

Good evening all -

I am currently trying to get a excel sheet together of all pin badge releases since 1997 of RSPB pin badges and many other collections.

Was wondering if people on here have any old badges they either no longer require or could send me a p/m with details of the badge/s.

I would also be willing to buy your old badges if you would like to sell.

New releases from RSPB in October so please watch for updates coming soon

LATEST UPDATE -

New releases on the new blue cards so far this month have been Cormorant, Coal tit, Brambling with more to come shortly.

NEW SEASONAL BADGES NOW ON SALE -

These include a new Siskin a full list will be put on here shortly once I have all the packs confirmed for the new season

A pop up stall at Halesowen Shopping Mall just by the opticians Evans
This has some old GNAH cards and species for sale

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back