• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shy and Black-browed Albatross (1 Viewer)

Camberley red

November 2001 15 miles off Cape Town, get yourself down there!

Good sea birding

Paul

Attachments

• shy and bb albatross.jpg
    shy and bb albatross.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 185
your albatross photo

o:) Hi Paul
I would like to tell you how much I like your photo. I am new here but do people just download your photo and not even bother to comment on it. I just noticed there had been four downloads and not one comment to you on your photo. Just wondering that's all.
Or is the download just the number of times people have looked at it ??

Good question, Tawny, which was, essentially, "Do people just download without bothering to make a comment?" I'm afraid your assumption is correct and it just BLOWS MY MIND that people can take without posting a hearty "Thank you" to the photographer. I do what's in my heart, I recommend the same to you.

Perhaps I can clear up this little debate ...

I think that 'downloaded' is the wrong word. Where it says that the picture has been downloaded x number of times, it actually means that it has been viewed x number of times. I tried it. Before I viewed it, it had been viewed five times. Then I viewed the picture, refreshed my monitor, and it had changed to six times.

Hope that clears things up. But yes, I very much agree. If you are gonna download pictures, PLEASE leave a comment. As for Paul's photo - WOW! I'm off to Cape Town RIGHT NOW!!!!

:t:

I'm affraid I'm as bad as every one else as I often just browse through the mails, in particular if there have been loads of replies already I tend not to bother.

By the way I forgot to say, the birds were photographed using a cannon 35mm with 200mm lens, to be honest the birds are so close to the boat at times you cannot close focus!! its a dream for anyone interested in seabirds and cetaceans.

bye for now

Paul

Firstly- Paul, very nice picture of a bird I'd love to see. When I was a bit younger I was into CB radio & my 'handle' was Albatross:) I'd love to visit Cape Town, maybe once I've explored my own area a bit more I might feel the need to travel!

<entering soap box mode>
Secondly, I really feel that not every picture can be commented on, there just isn't the time. Most times I'll leave no comment rather than leaving a short 'nice pic' comment that does not do the photo justice. I've posted a few pictures and it's nice that people take the time to look at them but I certainly don't expect a comment from everyone who views it!

I post pictures in the hope that others may enjoy, receiving a nice comment about them is a bonus (but not expected).

Sorry to go on (where did I find the time;)

Dylan.

ps. I'm bored at work so I shall take a few minutes to browse the gallery & make a couple of comments:t:

A great photo Paul :bounce:
Whilst I am not really into Cetaceans, I would have thoroughly enjoyed that outing and the photographic challenge.

As regards replying to posts, I can understand the reasons why peolpe don't post a reply. Having said that when a member has taken time to post a photo, it is more courteous for someone to reply with a comment.
Ralph is right in that the number of views quoted can be misleading, but really more comments should be being added.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back