• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Google Street View birding (1 Viewer)

Agree on both, thanks! (well, Goosander, of course ;)

List to date; 40 (IOC order):

Mute Swan
Mallard
Common Eider
Goosander
Collared Dove
Common Moorhen
Eurasian Coot
Greater Flamingo
Eurasian Oystercatcher
Black-winged Stilt
Northern Lapwing
Willet
Common Redshank
Common Sandpiper
Black-legged Kittiwake
Black-headed Gull
Laughing Gull
Common Gull
European Herring Gull
Yellow-legged Gull
Forster's Tern
Black Guillemot
White Stork
Pygmy Cormorant
White Ibis
Grey Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Egret
Griffon Vulture
Red Kite
Hen Harrier
Common Buzzard
Common Kestrel
Common Raven
Carrion Crow
Barn Swallow
Sand Martin
Common Chaffinch
Red-winged Blackbird

Last edited:
Well done Nutcracker - really good pastime - lets see how many we have by the end of the shutdown.

Personally, in the past few hours, I visited Finland, Scotland briefly, drove for miles down roads in the Greek countryside scanning wires for RFFs, traversed the French Alps looking for raptors (even made a pitstop to Vancouver Island looking for BH Eagles), I went to the Ebro, Extramadura, skipped over to Sardinia then back to Greece. I found about 6 identifiable birds :-O. (I blame it on the driver ;))

Well done Nutcracker - really good pastime - lets see how many we have by the end of the shutdown.

Personally, in the past few hours, I visited Finland, Scotland briefly, drove for miles down roads in the Greek countryside scanning wires for RFFs, traversed the French Alps looking for raptors (even made a pitstop to Vancouver Island looking for BH Eagles), I went to the Ebro, Extramadura, skipped over to Sardinia then back to Greece. I found about 6 identifiable birds :-O. (I blame it on the driver ;))
Wow! I was continuing a futile search for Mediterranean Gulls when I found the above :)-O).

Already got Eider; RLP is new :t:

Deb's mention of Bald Eagle made me think: Alaska is the place for them, with Homer widely cited for huge numbers . . . a search there proved pretty fruitless for a while, but eventually found one (sorry US folk for gazumping your national bird!! o:D)
https://www.google.com/maps/@59.630...4!1sSZz2MqBZ4hoLN2CCScRP4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Users who are viewing this thread

Back