• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows 7 / Firefox (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I'm having some issues with my computer on which I still run W7 and mainly use Firefox.

Two recent glitches are occuring with no end in sight to either and I don't know which of the above to blame if either.

1. I can't access my e-mail provider through Firfox at all but can on Chrome so that suggests Firefox.

2. Buying some books yesterday and the site (which I use often) will not recognise my bank card number as a valid, rejecting it after the very first digit. Ended up having to make a phone call to buy the books.

Anyone got any idea?

For the first of these, firefox routinely rejects sites that have insufficient security (for example expired security certificate or use of http instead of HTTPS) if it is a site that demands (or even if it just allows) a login. I have observed that Chrome is less strict with such security issues.

The second can have had a glitch in how they contact the bank for authorization.

Of course, my guesses can be wrong on both accounts
Niels

For the first of these, firefox routinely rejects sites that have insufficient security (for example expired security certificate or use of http instead of HTTPS) if it is a site that demands (or even if it just allows) a login. I have observed that Chrome is less strict with such security issues.

The second can have had a glitch in how they contact the bank for authorization.

Of course, my guesses can be wrong on both accounts
Niels

Thanks Niels,
I can log in to my account which holds mobile phone and tv cable accounts but e-mail just won't load.

The book company, well I just can't understand what's happening there, nothing to do with contacting the bank I don't think, it never gets that far. From the moment I enter the first digit of 16, it's rejected as an invalid card number?

Hi Andy,

I suggest reporting any problems you see with a site working on Chrome and not on Firefox to https://webcompat.com/. There is a group within Mozilla that investigates problems like this and tries to determine if the problem is with Firefox or the site itself. If the latter, they will attempt to contact the site and get them to fix things. I work for Mozilla, but not on web compatibility, so I can't help directly. Thanks for using Firefox!

Dan

Will do, many thanks Dan.

Edit: Wants me to create an account, can't be arsed mate, very annoying when a simple task requires creation of an account and log-in.

The 'anonymous reporting' action is disabled it says, I will report this issue if that function is reinstated.

Last edited:
Buy an iPad Andy ;-))

Won't buy anything from Apple again after they discontinued support and repair for my 180gb ipod without providing an adequate substitute and forgive my ignorance, but how would buying an ipad solve my problem?

Will do, many thanks Dan.

Edit: Wants me to create an account, can't be arsed mate, very annoying when a simple task requires creation of an account and log-in.

The 'anonymous reporting' action is disabled it says, I will report this issue if that function is reinstated.

Oh sorry, I didn't realize that. The last time I used it, 'anonymous reporting' was still working.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back