Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Places to see nesting seabirds

Old Thursday 26th July 2018, 18:20   #1
PBreivik

Places to see nesting seabirds

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is anywhere near me (Shoreham, West Sussex) where I could find nesting seabirds? I'm not too interested in Herring Gulls using buildings, but rather other seabirds or waders nesting in more natural locations.

Many thanks,
Peter
Old Thursday 26th July 2018, 18:36   #2
Richard Prior
Halfway up an Alp

Hi Peter,
The Sussex Ornithological trust have a good website that lists sightings and they also organise outings, see www.sos.org.uk
I think Seaford has nesting Kittiwakes and Fulmars on the Head but I'd recommend you check the site I mention.
Pagham Harbour has terns and some wader species nesting (Ringed Plover for example) but it's late July so you've missed most of the action for this year I fear.
Cheers

Richard
PS Welcome to Birdforum!

Last edited by Richard Prior : Thursday 26th July 2018 at 18:37. Reason: Welcome!
Old Thursday 26th July 2018, 19:46   #3
andyadcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBreivik View Post
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is anywhere near me (Shoreham, West Sussex) where I could find nesting seabirds? I'm not too interested in Herring Gulls using buildings, but rather other seabirds or waders nesting in more natural locations.

Many thanks,
Peter
You may find that people are cagey about giving our such info, it's your first post and with respect, how do we know you're not an egg collector?

A
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: