• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Help (1 Viewer)

reedjasonj1973

Hi,

I am a new birder and am looking to invest in a set of Swarovski's. I travel often and have decided on Swarovski after talking to other birders. I do however have some questions:

1. I travel often and am wondering if a set of Swarovski Companions would be best for birding due to size and portability? Or is it best just invest in full size?
2. Do you lose a lot by using compact binoculars?
3. I tried both the 8.5x and 10x and cannot tell by just using them for a short period if the 10x is too shaky. Any advice?
4. Any recommendations on best place to purchase Swarovski's? I've noticed there is not much in terms of discounting. I would buy a demo pair or from someone reputable but am hesitant to take the plunge on a used pair on eBay.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back