Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birdwatching Guide to Oman (2nd edition)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Monday 3rd December 2018, 14:13   #1
dastins
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Haverfordwest
Posts: 62
Birdwatching Guide to Oman (2nd edition)

Hi,

I'm looking for a copy of this book (https://www.birdsoman.com/publications.htm#BgtO2) published in 2008.

Anyone got one lying around they are no longer using?

Thanks,

Dave
dastins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Monday 3rd December 2018, 20:08   #2
andyadcock
Registered User
 
andyadcock's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nottingham UK and St Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 12,323
If you look closely, further down the page.......

'This title is no longer available at Amazon.uk or Natural History Book Service, but we still have a few copies. If interested, contact us on [email protected] '
__________________
Andy A
andyadcock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday 4th December 2018, 09:45   #3
dastins
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Haverfordwest
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadcock View Post
If you look closely, further down the page.......

'This title is no longer available at Amazon.uk or Natural History Book Service, but we still have a few copies. If interested, contact us on [email protected] '
Thanks Andy, I was just trying to see if anyone had one in the UK they didn't want before getting one sent over from Oman.
dastins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday 4th December 2018, 10:42   #4
andyadcock
Registered User
 
andyadcock's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nottingham UK and St Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 12,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastins View Post
Thanks Andy, I was just trying to see if anyone had one in the UK they didn't want before getting one sent over from Oman.
Seems to be pretty hard to get otherwise, I've actually ordered one before they go completely extinct!
__________________
Andy A
andyadcock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 5th December 2018, 11:40   #5
dastins
Registered User

 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Haverfordwest
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadcock View Post
Seems to be pretty hard to get otherwise, I've actually ordered one before they go completely extinct!
Just done the same!
dastins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 5th December 2018, 14:27   #6
Jos Stratford
Beast from the East
 
Jos Stratford's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Exile in Eastern Europe
Posts: 15,926
A very good book, designed far better than many guidebooks
__________________
For photographs and articles, Lithuania and beyond, click here for my website
Jos Stratford is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2007 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 6th December 2018, 14:13   #7
andyadcock
Registered User
 
andyadcock's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nottingham UK and St Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 12,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jos Stratford View Post
A very good book, designed far better than many guidebooks
Surprised you had much time for birding outside your duties for MI6......
__________________
Andy A
andyadcock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Thursday 6th December 2018, 14:24   #8
lewis20126
Registered User
 
lewis20126's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,329
any idea how long they take to arrive? - I'm in Oman from 22nd Dec

cheers, alan
lewis20126 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Thursday 6th December 2018, 15:30   #9
andyadcock
Registered User
 
andyadcock's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nottingham UK and St Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 12,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis20126 View Post
any idea how long they take to arrive? - I'm in Oman from 22nd Dec

cheers, alan
No idea Alan, can't be that long.

Not been or looked in to it yet, what are you targets?
__________________
Andy A

Last edited by andyadcock : Thursday 6th December 2018 at 15:36.
andyadcock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Thursday 6th December 2018, 18:15   #10
lewis20126
Registered User
 
lewis20126's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadcock View Post
No idea Alan, can't be that long.

Not been or looked in to it yet, what are you targets?
Owls, Grosbeak, AC Dove, Serin and assorted padders that most people have seen in Israel. Any up to date gen welcome here or via DM.

Cheers, alan
lewis20126 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 7th December 2018, 07:52   #11
James Lidster
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arnhem
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis20126 View Post
Owls, Grosbeak, AC Dove, Serin and assorted padders that most people have seen in Israel. Any up to date gen welcome here or via DM.

Cheers, alan
https://oman.observation.org/waarnem...g3.php?groep=1

Sightings from my recent trip and from several other Dutch and Belgian birders here Alan.
Cheers
James
James Lidster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 7th December 2018, 10:35   #12
lewis20126
Registered User
 
lewis20126's Avatar

 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lidster View Post
https://oman.observation.org/waarnem...g3.php?groep=1

Sightings from my recent trip and from several other Dutch and Belgian birders here Alan.
Cheers
James
James

Thanks - I'm not very familiar with Observado - are there any locations beyond 'Dhofar' (and similar) - it's a big area!

cheers, alan
lewis20126 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 7th December 2018, 11:11   #13
Andrew Whitehouse
Professor of Listening
BF Supporter 2018
 
Andrew Whitehouse's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 19,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis20126 View Post
James

Thanks - I'm not very familiar with Observado - are there any locations beyond 'Dhofar' (and similar) - it's a big area!

cheers, alan
If you click on the 'i' symbol, you'll get detailed information for each sighting.
__________________
Andrew

Listening to Birds
Andrew Whitehouse is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Birdwatching in Oman BRANTABO Information Wanted 3 Friday 21st November 2014 10:18
New edition of Best Birdwatching Sites: Scottish Highlands gordon hamlett Books, Magazines, Publications, Video & DVD 30 Monday 3rd March 2014 20:23
Bill Oddie's Introduction To Birdwatching Second Edition Euan Buchan Books, Magazines, Publications, Video & DVD 0 Monday 3rd June 2013 12:55
Nat. Geo Guide 5th Edition... nctexasbirder Books, Magazines, Publications, Video & DVD 4 Tuesday 14th November 2006 14:10
Best birdwatching sites in Norfolk 2nd Edition Mark43 Books, Magazines, Publications, Video & DVD 0 Sunday 21st May 2006 11:02

{googleads}

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Help support BirdForum

Page generated in 0.17062712 seconds with 24 queries
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34.