• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice please - need AA Barttery Powered Camera (1 Viewer)

RobinD

Please can anyone recommend a camera for me.

My son is going on a school expedition to South Africa and Lesotho next month. This is a three week trip after completing his GCSEs.

The aim of the expedition is to give the children a valuable experience and as such they will be carrying out a variety of tasks while they are there.
These will include a few days working on a game reserve, a five day hike through the Drakensberg mountains, a community project based in a school in Lesotho and finishing with some more touristy trips.

They will be staying in places without access to electricity and will not be taking electrical devices that need charging - certainly no mobile phones!

He already has compact binoculars but I would like to get him a camera that uses AA batteries so he can take pictures whilst he is there.

Are there any good, lightweight (they have to carry everything in a rucksack), robust cameras that take AA batteries? I don't really know where to start looking!

Thanks in advance,

Robin

being teenager a decent 'go pro' may be what he prefers

as an alternative to carrying spare AA batteries look at solar battery rechargers. you can get them for AA

also good quality battery packs which can charge most devices and are designed rugged with built-in panel are available. i have used them often outback in Oz but the cheaper ones are low power, you really need fold out panels or backpack types so as always look at reviews for latest and best.

wow, teenagers without mobile phones ..... a new concept lol

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back