• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello everyone (1 Viewer)

markie349

Hi, I am fairly new to bird photography although not new to photography in general. So I understand the basics;)
I just switched from the MFT Panasonic G7 with the Leica 100-400 to the NIKON D500.
I was reasonably happy with the MFT results but I wanted better.
So now I have the D500 with the Sigma Sports 150-600 which everybody surely knows by now.
Although I am getting reasonable results already, I am sure I can do much much better.
Surely it is all a matter of training and spending time in the field, but if anyone in this forum could give me recommendations in finetuning this setup of mine, it would certainly get me faster to where I want to be. And that is beautiful sharp pictures of BIF.
I have the Sigma docking station and the TC-1401.
Thank you very much:t:

Last edited:
Hi Markie and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing about all the birds you see when out and about and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back